I have a long history in adult education (continuing medical education and gemological) and have gained experience in children’s education (K-12) in recent years, particularly with charter schools.
- I led a grassroots campaign for student safety for elementary school children walking to and from school that engaged the Manhattan Borough Office and City Council members.
- I obtained exclusive news coverage with NBC (digital) and Telemundo (broadcast) of a hit-and-run to push for more street safety signs, crossing guards, and pedestrian crossings.
- This involved email campaigns to the parental body and local politicians, me attending Community Board meetings, and petitioning change at a government level.
- I also secured $250K in capital funding on behalf of this NYC non-profit.
- I have worked with a number of community non-profits, including Little Kids Rock, Girls on the Run, Harlem Grown, and Broadway for All to develop partnerships with NYC charter schools with Title 1 funding. This resulted in instruments in classrooms, a new fitness program and a school play debut.